| Staff Gemologist at Brilliant Earth |
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter, letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include one sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Staff Gemologist is responsible for gemstone and estate jewelry review, tracking, and cataloging to maximize efficiency and quality standards critical to Brilliant Earth’s success. Candidates should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, desire to work in a socially responsible consumer business, and desire to work with gems and estate jewelry. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and exhibit impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and quality assurance inspections of loose diamonds, sapphires and other colored gemstones, and melee to optimize high quality, maintain consistency, and reduce cost.
- Review and catalog estate jewelry items procured by our team, including appraisal and repair evaluations, where necessary.
- Track, review, and process gemstone inventory with efficiency and high level of accuracy. Maintain strict organization of estate and gemstone inventory.
- Work with sales team to assist with requirements for sourcing special order gemstones and diamonds.
- Coordinate orders across different suppliers, and track status of purchase orders to ensure timely arrival and processing.
- Formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
Specific qualifications include:
- Graduate Gemologist degree required
- Experience in jewelry products required, estate jewelry preferred
- Certification in fine jewelry appraisal preferred
- Operations and/or administrative experience preferred
- Inventory/supply chain experience in a retail or e-commerce environment preferred
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products