| Digital Designer- Brilliant Earth |
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond. Please also include a link to your online portfolio or samples of work.
The Digital Designer will work closely with the Marketing team to design digital assets and elevate the brand message through visual communications online. The Digital Designer will execute final concepts according to strategic plans provided by the Marketing department. Daily projects will include designing interactive components of the company e-commerce website, email newsletters, digital advertising, and social media assets.
The aesthetic of the Digital Designer should be polished and fashion forward but approachable. The Brilliant Earth brand epitomizes “joyful luxury” – fresh, natural, "feel good” and elegant. Candidates should be able to design within an established brand identity system, while pushing the direction forward and staying current on digital trends. We are looking for a skilled designer who can think both strategically and creatively while contributing to our proactive, high-energy, and driven group.
Please Note: This is a visual design position. While knowledge of relevant technologies is a plus, this is not a programmer or developer position.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with Marketing team to articulate and execute designs for digital assets
• Web design and online marketing collateral consistent with brand image
• Design compelling email newsletter campaigns
• Assist in photography selection for new product launches and campaigns
• Light image retouching
• Design and coordinate limited offline marketing collateral, including print and packaging materials
• Bachelor’s degree in industry relevant area
• 2-5 years of experience in a luxury retail and/or ecommerce environment
• Strong attention to detail and overall design aesthetic
• Light image retouching capabilities
• Strong computer skills with design software, especially Adobe Photoshop. Strives to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities
• Working knowledge of other aspects of web development and technologies, as they relate to design and creating client-appropriate experiences
• Understands website UX/UI
• Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
• Exceptional time management skills and accountability. Ability to meet tough deadlines and juggle multiple projects
• Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
• Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
• Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products